There are a number of locally organised groups around the UK that can help facilitate your open access mission.
Please get in touch if you know of any more, would like support setting one up or have any other ideas to foster collaboration across our growing community.
- London – coordinated by Helen Cargill (King’s College London), Nancy Graham (London School of Economics), Ruth Harrison (Imperial College London) and Torsten Reimer (British Library) https://wwwf.imperial.ac.uk/blog/openaccess/london-oa-network/
- East Midlands – Grant Denkinson gd41@LEICESTER.AC.UK suggested starting a group and some users have indicated interest.
- North East – Durham, Newcastle, Northumbria, Sunderland and Teesside Universities. No ‘official’ contact or webpage at present. firstname.lastname@example.org is happy to be contacted.
- North West – https://nowalsite.wordpress.com/
- Scotland – https://oascotland.wordpress.com/ – includes friends from Northern Ireland and open to others to attend.
- South West group http://gw4.ac.uk/ a group of 4 Universities
- Welsh Scholarly Communications Group – contact Hannah Payne email@example.com or Beth Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- White Rose – Leeds, Sheffield, York share some OA structure and collaborate via https://whiteroselibraries.wordpress.com/