Agendas and minutes of UKCoRR committee meetings are now available.
Nicola Dowson Open University – UKCoRR Chair
Nicola is Senior Library Services Manager for research support at the Open University Library.
Her role involves working in partnership across the University to develop products and services that support the University’s research activity.
This includes responsibility for the University’s institutional repository Open Research Online (ORO) and promoting open access . Nicola is a member of the RCUK Open Access Practitioners Group.
Dr Arthur Smith, University of Cambridge – UKCoRR Secretary
Arthur is the Acting Joint Head of Scholarly Communication (Open Access) at the University of Cambridge.
Jenny Basford, British Library - External Liaison Officer
Jenny is the Repository Services Specialist at the British Library and has also worked at Middlesex University within an Open Access role.
George Macgregor, University of Strathclyde – Technical Officer
George is the Repository Coordinator at the University of Strathclyde.
His interests are in structured open data (esp. within Semantic Web and repository contexts), information retrieval, distributed digital repositories and human-computer interaction (HCI).
He supports the development of repository infrastructure at Strathclyde as well as supporting institutional activities in the areas of open science and digital scholarship.
Prior to his current role George worked in digital library research and academia.
Chris Manning, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine – Web & Publicity Officer
Chris is the Digital Services & Collections Librarian at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. One of Chris’ remits is overseeing the Research Publications team at LSHTM which runs the Institutional Repository, LSHTM Research Online and supports Open Access and Scholarly Communication at the School.
Committee Members ‘without portfolio’
During 2017, as part of promoting and expanding the work of UKCoRR, the decision was taken to expand the Committee to enable a wider range of activities to be undertaken. This led to the creation of the group of committee members who serve without a specific portfolio.
Current Committee Members serving ‘without portfolio’ are:
- Suzanne Atkins, University of Birmingham
- Nick Sheppard, University of Leeds
- Yvonne Budden, University of Warwick
- Bev Jones, University of Lincoln
- Stephanie Meece, University of the Arts London
- Annette Ramsden, Edgehill University
- Alison Sutton, University of Reading
Past UKCoRR Committee Members
- Yvonne Budden, UKCoRR Chair, August 2012 – January 2018
- Nancy Pontika, UKCoRR External Liaison Officer, August 2013-January 2018
- Nick Sheppard, UKCoRR Technical Officer, May 2010 – January 2018
- Nicola Siminson, UKCoRR Secretary, April 2014 – January 2018
- Paul Stainthorp, UKCoRR Web & Publicity Officer, 2012 – 2016
- Katie Evans, UKCoRR Secretary, September 2012 – April 2014
- Anne Spalding, UKCoRR External Liaison Officer, Jan 2013 – August 2013
- Dominic Tate, UKCoRR External Liaison Officer, March 2009 – January 2013
- Jackie Wickham, UKCoRR Secretary, July 2011 – August 2012
- Gareth J. Johnson, UKCoRR Chair, March 2011 – August 2012
- Graham Stone, UKCoRR Chair, April 2010 – March 2011
- Nicky Cashman, UKCoRR Secretary, December 2009 – July 2011
- Jenny Delasalle, UKCoRR Chair, March 2009 – March 2010
- Mary Robinson, UKCoRR Secretary, March 2009 – November 2009